Local Listings: What You Need to Know (video)
When searching for a local business, where do you look? Be it a hairdresser, plumber, restaurant, or something else, most people go straight to the Internet to find out what’s nearby. The conveniences of the internet to research businesses and find reviews have been physical phonebooks less significant. Local business owners understand the necessity of being found online, but are often confused as to how to achieve this level of visibility. One of the best ways to reach local customers online is to be included in all of the major listing directories (Google, Bing!, Yelp, etc). In this video, 1&1’s Head of eCommerce, Jörg Strotmann, shares the most important things you need to know about local listings (key takeaways below).
To highlight a few of the most important listing directories, be sure your business is present in:
- Search engine listings: Google, Yahoo, and Bing
- Social media: Foursquare and Yelp for check-ins plus ratings and reviews
- Whitepages, YellowPages, and SuperPages
Try applying Jörg’s tips to ensure you are seen in online directories:
- Stand out with great content
- Provide valuable tips and resources
- Utilize the power of video
- Go deep with details about products, services, and contact information
- Allow and respond to reviews
1&1 ListLocal can help simplify the listing process and increase your local visibility. Get more information and check your online presence now with a free visibility report and see how you compare on our website.
Photo Credit: ©1&1